1 – Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
- “Our Site” means this website, https://www.e7ca.com; and
- “We/Us/Our” means [Element 7, LLC.], a [California] corporation with an address of 8033 W. Sunset Blvd. Unit 987, Hollywood, California 90046, United States of America.
2 – Information About Us
Our Site, https://www.e7ca.com, is owned and operated by [Element 7, LLC.], a [Wyoming] corporation with an address of 8033 W. Sunset Blvd. Unit 987, Hollywood, California 90046, United States of America.
3 – Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
4 – What Data Do We Collect?
- business/company name;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
5 – How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with US privacy laws and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”, and together with US privacy laws, the “US and EU Privacy Laws”). For more details on security see section 6, below.
- We use your data to provide the best possible services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalizing and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our products and services to you;
- Personalizing and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email newsletters that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe or Opt-Out link in each email);
- Market research;
- Analyzing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, or post with information, news, and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the US and EU privacy laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011, and 2015.
- Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following bases applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data.
6 – How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it in accordance with the terms of our Data Retention Policy. Our Data Retention Policies are:
- Your information is stored on Element 7’s servers located in the United States and in European Union countries. Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the United States or EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the United States or EEA and under the US and EU Privacy Laws. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties.
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
7 – Do We Share Your Data?
- We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
- Amazon Web Services
All payment transactions made through the Services are processed by (i) Stripe, a service offered by Stripe, Inc. Stripe is used for payment and payout processing for Users.
- Other Third Party Collection of Information
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Services may be served by third-parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content and application providers, and your mobile device manufacturer and mobile device service provider. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
Element 7 does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
8 – What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
9 – How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and/or at the point of providing your details and/or by managing your Account).
10 – Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
- You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all the features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section 5 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 16, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
11 – How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 16.
12 – What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
If you turn cookies off, it won’t affect the user’s experience.
13 – California Residents: Summary of Your Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at email@example.com. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
14 – European Residents: Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of, or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- the right to be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section 15 below).
15 – Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
In the event that We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, You have the right to challenge such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
The right described in this section 15 does not apply in the following circumstances:
- The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between You and Us;
- The decision is authorized by law; or
- You have given you explicit consent.
Where We use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
- Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
- Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
- Technical and organizational measures necessary to minimize the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
- All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
16 – Contacting Us